Monday, March 30, 2015

The Narration...

Below you will find the transcript for our film opening:

When I was 8 years old, all I wanted was to be a superhero. I dreamt of being unstoppable; flying through the air, strong enough to save a city.  It was only a matter of time before I realized that I couldn’t have super strength or shoot fire from my hands, but that didn’t stop me from feeling limitless. I had the power to dance.
My mom used to take me every Saturday to her dance studio where I sat and watched her teach dance classes.  
   I was mesmerized by the way peoples’ emotions took over their bodies and told a story. I loved watching them lose control and glide and spin. They seemed unstoppable. From that moment on, I knew that I would give anything to dance.
Dance has the power to move people, to bring people together, to tell a story. It is a way of expressing yourself and freeing your soul. There is no limit to what can be done when you let your body take over.  They say that dance is a way to free yourself and lose yourself all at the same time and every move allows the dancer to reveal a little bit more of themselves
My mom taught me to always dance from the heart. She used to say that dance was the rhythm of life. When I was 15, my mom was diagnosed with Leukemia, and a year later she was gone. Ever since then, I’ve devoted myself to dancing because it’s the only place that I can still feel her with me. I felt that if I let go of dancing, I would be letting her go too. So I told myself that I was going to dance forever. But that was until I got into an accident and in a split second, everything I knew, disintegrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment